Kate Young

Your member of parliament for

London West

Kate Young

Your member of parliament for

London West


London West Youth Council

All students (residing or attending a school in London West) that are currently in high school with ages ranging from 15-19 are invited to apply to the London West Youth Council.

The London West Youth Council is comprised of youth from different schools, neighbourhoods and local associations. The Council meets several times throughout the school year to discuss the issues that matter most to youth. Youth also identify special community engagement projects and work together to achieve identified goals.   The views and concerns of our youth are communicated directly to Prime Minister Trudeau who also serves as Minister of Youth.  This feedback helps our government understand the valuable perspectives of our youth when drafting legislation and making important decisions on behalf of all Canadians.

Frequently Asked Questions:

WHO can apply?
Anyone from London West who lives in the constituency or goes to school here. Kate Young is seeking youth with different interests, experiences and takes on the world. All voices are welcome!

HOW can you apply?

CLICK HERE to fill out the application form.

How much TIME do you have to commit to the council?
The council will meet several times per year to discuss different topics and organize community projects. The expected time commitment is roughly 2 to 5 hours per month and the council will conduct its work from October until June.

WHAT does the council do?
Members of the council will share their ideas, opinions and concerns on a selection of topics with each other and their MP. The notes from these discussions will be reported back to government to help inform decision making. The council will also partake in a community project starting in the winter.

WHY should you apply for the London West Youth Council?
1. You get valuable face-to-face time with your Member of Parliament and your ideas are shared to help shape choices on policies and the direction of government.
2. Your time on the council is volunteer experience! Check with your school counsellor before starting to see how they would like you to track your hours.
3. Your MP will provide you with an official House of Commons Certificate as a member of the Youth Council for the constituency which you can include in applications for work or post-secondary.

Get Connected with other youth across the country: https://www.facebook.com/cyc2016cjc/

Follow the #youthmatters conversation on twitter: https://twitter.com/cyc_cjc
Or contact your MP by phone, (519) 473-5955 or email, kate.young@parl.gc.ca

Apply and share your voice on the issues that matter most to you!